Job Title: Family and Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Parents’ Program Coordinator
Supports multi-need families to ensure their child’s smooth transition to school
Duties and responsibilities
This position will work with multi-need Families with Children ages newborn to 6 years old. The candidate will conduct home visits, facilitate parenting groups, support families in crisis and work closely with families to assist them in attaining family goals.
Successfully completed a university degree in early childhood, psychology, sociology, social work or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution with 3 years of related experience.
- Good knowledge of child development related to infant, preschool, kindergarten, children with developmental delays and multi-need families.
- Working knowledge of mental health illness and addictions
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Facilitator Certification in Group Triple P parenting course an asset.
- Standard First Aid & CPR
- Use of own vehicle
- Able to work flex hours when necessary for the benefit of families & Agency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Professional work ethic
- Organized with strong time management skills
- Experience working with young families
- Group facilitator experience
- Strong coping and stress reduction skills
- Have experience with current Mircosoft Office
- Bilingualism an asset
This position requires the candidate to work regular full-time day hours with occasional evening flexibility in their schedule. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced and varied environments including but not limited to professional settings, and high-risk environments. The candidate will work with families that possess developmental delays and other challenging behavior.
Salary will be commensurate with background, training and experience.
Applications are now being accepted by email to Tracy Arnand at email@example.com