Moncton Headstart is a charitable community agency dedicated to providing quality early family intervention and support services to help children and their families realize their full potential. “Headstart Families” are families who struggle to meet their most basic needs and require services, resource awareness and programs to help them thrive. This is where we come in. We offer our families opportunities and support for growth and change, through a multitude of programs and services aimed at developing healthy relationships, improving self-esteem, and developing skills. Our contributors, volunteers, and staff of dedicated professionals all know the importance of quality in the early years of life and so at Headstart we focus on life skills and building school readiness. It is important that all children start school on an equal footing, something that as parents and teachers we all value.
Position: Family Educator (full-time)
Summary: This position works with families with children ages newborn to 6 years old. The educator will conduct home visits, facilitate parenting groups, support families in crisis and work closely with families to assist them with a smooth transition into Kindergarten.
- University degree or college diploma in early childhood or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 3 years’ of related experience
- Knowledge of childhood development of children 0 – 6 years of age
- Knowledge of developmental delays and challenges associated with high-risk families is extremely important
- Understanding of mental health illnesses and addictions
- Team player who demonstrates a strong work ethic, initiative, and open-mindedness
- Exceptional interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- High degree of resiliency (capacity to recover quickly from difficulties)
- Able to flex work hours, if necessary
- Standard First Aid & CPR
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle and passengers’ insurance
- Facilitator Certification in Group Triple P parenting course or similar parenting programs, experience in the public school system, experience as a group facilitator and bilingualism are considered assets.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and training and development.
To apply send your resume to Tracy Arnand: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 6, 2020