Please send us your resume. Even though we have no job postings right now, we still would like to know about you. Please fill the form on the right and make sure to attach your resume. Thank you!
|Job title||Family and Early Childhood Educator|
|Reports to||Parents Program Coordinator|
Supports high-risk families to ensure their child’s smooth transition to kindergarten
Duties and responsibilities
This position will work with High-Risk Families with Children ages newborn to 7 years old. The candidate will conduct home visits, facilitate parenting groups, support families in crisis and work closely with families to assist them with a smooth transition into Kindergarten.
Successfully completed a university degree in early childhood, psychology, sociology, social work or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution with 3 years of related experience.
- Good Knowledge of child development related to infant, preschool, kindergarten, children with developmental delays and high-risk families.
- Working knowledge of mental health illness and addictions
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Facilitator Certification in Group Triple P parenting course an asset.
- Experience in public school system (k-2) an asset
- Standard First Aid & CPR
- Use of own vehicle (passenger insurance)
- Able to work flex hours when necessary for the benefit of families & Agency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Organized with strong time management skills
- Experience working with young families
- Group facilitator experience
- Strong coping and stress reduction skills
- Bilingualism an asset
This position requires the candidate to work regular full-time day hours with occasional evening flexibility in their schedule. The candidate will be working in varied environments including but not limited to professional settings, schools, and high-risk environments. The candidate will work with families that process developmental delays and other challenging behavior.
Salary will be commensurate with background, training, and experience.
Resume to be submitted to Lorie-Ann Carson at email@example.com
Deadline to apply is February 1st, 2018