Your support helps Headstart do what we do best. While work at Headstart is done best with the heart, it is a stark reality that financial support is critical to keeping our doors open and our operation going. Changing someone's life for the better is priceless, yet the required programs and resources do cost money.
This is what supporting Headstart can do:
- For about $1.24 per day per child, Headstart provides nutritious snacks to every child.
- For about $160 per participant, Headstart's 9-week Positive Parenting Program can help parents learn how to create a loving, supportive family setting.
- For about $140 per participant, Headstart can offer a 3-month Collective Kitchen Program where adults can learn to plan and prepare low-cost meals.
- Last year, Headstart's Coats for Kids Program provided over 761 local children with clean and warm winter wear!
- Last year, Headstart's Christmas Toyland provided gifts and toys to 1695 children from the Moncton, Dieppe and Riverview communities!
- Last year, Headstart's School Supplies drive provided new backpacks and school supplies to more than 900 students.
- To date, our Lorne Preston Education Fund has provided scholarships to 91 past children and parents of Headstart who are pursuing post-secondary education!
Headstart works to meet each family's basic needs(food/water, shelter, clothing, hygiene, education and healthcare) but it would be an impossible goal were it not for our sponsors and community support!
Thank you for believing in our work and allowing us to do what is best for those in need.
"There are two kinds of gratitude; the sudden kind we feel for what we take and the larger kind we feel for what we give."